Employer nominated scheme subclass 186
Employer Nomination Scheme is a permanent residency pathway for sponsored employees or temporary workers.
What type of visa?
Employer Nominated Subclass 186 - Permanent visa
Who is this visa for?
Employees who wish to obtain permanent residency and have the support of their employer.
The application process
There are two stages to this:
1. Employer nomination – the employer needs to meet certain requirements for approval to nominate. In this stage, the employer also nominates the person that they wish to sponsor
2. Visa application – following a nomination the overseas worker can apply for this permanent visa through 3 different pathways:
- Temporary Resident Transition stream – for those that have held a 457 visa and have worked for the sponsoring employer for at least 2 years
- Direct Entry – for those that have not worked for the sponsoring employer for at least 2 years and therefore untested in the Australian labour market; and
- Agreement stream – for those that are sponsored through a labour or regional agreement
There are different requirements that need to be met for each stage.
Generally employers need to show that they are:
- Operating as a business
- Meet training benchmarks
- Offering the position for at least 2 years
- Offering equivalent employment terms and conditions
- No adverse information
- Generally the employee needs to show that they meet:
- Age requirements
- Skills and qualification requirements
- English level requirements
- Health requirements
- Character requirements
Exemptions apply for certain requirements. Please contact us to see if you qualify for an exemption.
Full case management and representation by Frontier Migration Services: $6,500-$7,500. Includes Employer Nomination and Permanent Residency application.
What can you do with this visa
- live and work permanently in Australia
- study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- access certain social security payments
- apply for Australian citizenship (subject to residency criteria)
- sponsor other people for permanent residence
- travel in and out of Australia for five years.
Just want help for one stage?
We provide unbundled services!
The unbundling process is based on the fact that there are many different complex stages of a visa application. We are able to provide assistance on all stages or just one stage.
Maybe you are already set up for Standard Business Sponsorship and you are now ready to nominate and sponsor a foreign professional.
Maybe you have been nominated by a sponsor and now you have to apply for a visa application for yourself and your family.