Australia continues to be a top destination for international students. There are many opportunities to take advantage of the abundance of leading educational institutions in Australia.
What type of visas?
Visa subclasses are dependent on the course you wish to study.
These are the Student subclass options that are available:
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) (Subclass 570)
- Primary or secondary school course (Subclass 571)
- Vocational education and training (VET) (Subclass 572) – Advanced diploma, graduate certificates
- Higher education (Subclass 573) – Bachelors, Masters
- Postgraduate research (Subclass 574)
- Non-award (Subclass 575) – Foundation studies
- Student Guardians - Parents or relatives as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia.
The application process
There are differing levels of requirements for student visas depending on your nationality and the course you wish to study. This is called your ‘assessment level’ and a higher assessment level means that there are higher levels of evidence required.
General requirements are:
- Good character
- Good health
- Have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Have enough money to cover living expenses for your stay in Australia
- Have no debts in Australia
Streamlined Visa Processing
Your visa application will be assessed against a lower assessment level (similar to Assessment Level 1) regardless of your country of passport if you have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) for a:
- Bachelor degree
- Master degree
- Doctoral degree
- Study Abroad or Exchange program
Full case management and representation by Frontier Migration Services: From $250.
Who is this for?
For international students who wish to study in Australia.
For International Students that are completing their studies in Australia, there are options to extend your stay in Australia and pathways to permanent residency.
This visa allows you to study and work subject to the following conditions:
- You cannot work more than 20 hours per week when studying your course
- During school holidays, you can work as many hours as you wish
- You cannot start working before your course has started
- You must maintain good attendance and academic records at your school
- You must have health insurance during your stay in Australia.
- You can bring family whilst you are on a student visa however any additional family members will also have different assessment levels that they will need to meet.
More value for money
If you apply for your student visa with our help, you will receive in addition to the the student visa support:
- Bridge Package - comprehensive assessment of your options and pathways to permanent residency
- Discounts in professional fees if you let us represent you in future visa applications
You will receive the above bonus services completely free of charge!
So what are you waiting for, come talk to us to see if we can help you find the right course to put you on the right path!